Friday 3 June 2011

Exercise: Drawing cloud formations

(See sketchbook) I happened to choose a day when there's barely a cloud in the sky to begin this exercise, so I will have to come back to it at a later date. (I did make a start with a couple of pages in my sketchbook but the clouds were not particularly interesting - they were typical white fluffy clouds, changing to quickly and moving too fast to capture with any real clarity.)

Update: I have been waiting and waiting for the perfect day of a cloud-filled sky and in doing so have put off sending my assignment for 2 weeks! I finally managed to draw some more clouds yesterday and this morning, but they weren't the beautiful, billowy, thick, multi-layered ones I was hoping would come out for me. It seems the best times of day for interesting clouds is the evening, but unfortunately I haven't had any free evenings for ages, so the small collection of white wispy clouds and overcast grey ones is all that I've studied up to now. I will endeavour to keep my face to the sky with my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment